What You Need To Know
Green Moto Warranty
All new electric bicycles and electric scooters sold through Green Moto, are covered by the best comprehensive warranty in the market.
This Limited Product Warranty applies only to the product specified under this warranty (hereinafter, “the product”) and sold by Green Moto (hereinafter, “Green Moto”) and is extended only to the original purchaser (original owner) who is in possession of the original retail purchase bill and only for the time specified under the warranty plan and/or listed for each part/component under “Items Covered by Warranty”.
Green Moto Limited Standard Comprehensive Warranty
Green Moto offers Limited Standard Comprehensive Warranty for all new e-bikes that are fully assembled and sold by Green Moto. Our Limited Standard Comprehensive Warranty coverage includes:
Items Covered by Warranty
- a) Failure of the motor and controller up to one year or 5,000kms (five thousand kilometers), whichever comes first from the time of purchase and as shown on the bill of sale for the product.
- b) Failure of the battery and charger for six months.
- c) All electrical and mechanical components that fail to work due to manufacturing defect for 30 days after purchase as shown on the bill of sale for the product.
A standard diagnostic fee of $30.00 plus tax will be charged in all cases involving any warranty related request. This fee must be paid to inspect and diagnose if the part or component failure is covered under this warranty.
This warranty includes the labor costs associated with repairing or replacing a defective component during the warranty period. Original batteries installed by Green Moto are also covered by a six-months warranty if they have been operated in accordance with Green Moto instructions and not subjected to freezing temperatures. Parts that naturally wear out in the ordinary course of operating the product are not covered under this warranty. These parts are, but not limited to seats, tires, inner tire tubes, brake pads or brake linings, mirrors, and light bulbs.
For any warranty related work, please allow two days for inspection and diagnostic work and five days for repairs. We do our best to keep all necessary parts and components in stock for our products, however if a part or component is not in stock, please allow time until we get such part or component.
Limited Standard Comprehensive Warranty – Repair or Replacement
This Limited Product Warranty guarantees that the product or each part/component specified under this warranty is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period specified under the warranty type plan and/or listed for each part/component under “Items Covered Under Warranty” from the date of purchase as indicated on the original retail purchase bill. In accordance with this Limited Product Warranty, during the warranty period and upon proof of purchase, any part or component covered under this warranty that is defective or fails to function properly will be, at Green Moto’s or any of its authorized representatives’ sole option, repaired or replaced with the same or a similar component at no charge to the customer for parts or labor. Repair or replacement, as provided under this warranty, is the only remedy available to the customer. The warranty period will not be extended nor will a new warranty period begin, upon any repair or replacement conducted under this warranty. Green Moto or any of its authorized representatives may repair or replace the part that is defective with a new or refurbished part at Green Moto’s or its authorized representatives’ sole discretion. All work covered under this warranty must be performed by either Green Moto or one of Green Moto’s authorized representatives. Any work done by any person or other party, not authorized by Green Moto, will not be covered under this warranty, and might result in the warranty being void.
Obtaining Warranty Performance
To obtain warranty performance under this Limited Product Warranty the customer must ensure that the following steps are taken:
- a) The customer retains the original retail purchase bill.
- b) The customer must ensure Post Sale Inspection and Service.
- c) The customer complies with all indicated regular maintenance and service as directed by Green Moto or its authorized representatives as indicated at the time of purchase.
- d) The customer must not allow any unauthorized person to perform any maintenance, repair, replacement, or alteration or use a part or service that is not provided or authorized by Green Moto or its authorized representatives.
- e) The customer properly operates and handles the product in accordance with verbal instructions including any written instructions and/or material provided with the product at the time of purchase.
- f) The customer must bring, at his or her own expense, the product to a Green Moto service facility for inspection and verification of part or component failure within the warranty period.
- g) The customer must ensure that the warranty agreement is not voided or breached and remains in full force and effect.
Cancellation and Voidance of Warranty
The following conditions will cause the warranty to be automatically cancelled and voided.
- a) Warranty is automatically void and cancelled if a scheduled post sale inspection and service of the product is not followed through as specified by Green Moto at the time of sale.
- b) Warranty is automatically void and cancelled if there is evidence of damage due to accident/collision, other damage, abuse, misuse, lack of maintenance and/or neglect of the product or any of its component parts.
- c) Warranty of a specific component or part is void and cancelled if there is evidence of damage or misuse on a part or component other than the part or component subject to warranty coverage and caused by the owner or other persons that may have operated or used the product and that damage to such part or component has led to the failure or improper operation of the part or component subject to warranty coverage.
- d) Warranty is automatically void and cancelled if the product has been exposed to damaging agents including floods, water contamination, salt, chemicals, corrosive substances or materials, sand or other foreign debris or materials.
- e) Warranty is automatically void and cancelled if the product, during the warranty period of the product, is taken to a dealer, repair shop or other facility not authorized by Green Moto for any repairs, service, check-up, or maintenance, involving a part or component that is subject to warranty coverage.
- f) Warranty is automatically void and cancelled if components or parts of the product are removed, replaced, modified, altered, or repaired by a person or persons other than Green Moto authorized personnel.
- g) Warranty is automatically void and cancelled if the product has been in a serious accident or it has been so severely misused that the proper operation of the product or any of its components or parts has been adversely affected.
- h) Warranty is void and cancelled if any of the serial numbers on the product, including the Vehicle identification Number (VIN), the Motor Identification Number and the Battery Identification Number, has been removed, erased, scratched, or defaced.
- i) Warranty is void and cancelled if any of the Identification Numbers of the major components of the product do not match.
- j) Warranty is automatically void and cancelled if money is owed for the product and the account concerning the bill of purchase for the product is in arrears for more than 30 days or a payment is not made on time in the case where the product was purchased on a payment plan.